Energy | Science on the Bayshore
January 21 @ 1:00 pm - 1:45 pm
All life relies on energy to move and to grow. We use it to power our cars, our homes, our electronics, and many other things. So, where does it come from? How is it used by plants, animals, and humans? What are some ways that we harvest it, and how can we make cleaner choices about our energy use? In this workshop, we will dive into energy and discuss the pros and cons of how power is generated using a variety of sources, including wind, solar, geothermal, nuclear, and fossil.
Join us on Thursdays and Saturdays for Science on the Bayshore at the Bayshore Center at Bivalve! During these workshops, we will be teaching bite-sized, hands-on, fun lessons about the Bayshore.
- Registration is easy! Just enter the names of each person in your group here!
- Free! There is no cost to you!
- All ages welcome, but lessons are best suited for ages 8+
- All materials will be disinfected before and after each lesson
- Workshops occur rain or shine and are outdoors, so please dress appropriately!
- Attend 6 or more workshops to earn your Junior Bayshore Biologist certificate!