What’s in Your Water? | Science on the Bayshore
January 21 @ 2:00 pm - 2:45 pm
Water is all around us. It’s in our homes, in the air, and in our streams, rivers, and oceans. What makes water “clean” or dirty”? In this workshop, we will explore some of the chemical properties of our water, including temperature, turbidity, pH, nitrate, phosphate, and oxygen. Participants will learn how we test these parameters, and will get to try their hand at conducting these tests on water from the river!
Join us on Thursdays and Saturdays for Science on the Bayshore at the Bayshore Center at Bivalve! During these workshops, we will be teaching bite-sized, hands-on, fun lessons about the Bayshore.
- Registration is easy! Just enter the names of each person in your group here!
- Free! There is no cost to you!
- All ages welcome, but lessons are best suited for ages 8+
- All materials will be disinfected before and after each lesson
- Workshops occur rain or shine and are outdoors, so please dress appropriately!
- Attend 6 or more workshops to earn your Junior Bayshore Biologist certificate!