- This event has passed.
All About Oysters | Science on the Bayshore
January 16 @ 1:00 pm - 1:45 pm
Learn all about a keystone species in the Delaware Bay: the oyster! Participants will learn about the importance of the oyster in the Delaware Bay, explore its life cycle, and will even get to observe its anatomy in a live dissection! We will then do an activity called “shell bagging”, in which we create oyster habitat that will be used to restore oyster beds in the Bay.
Join us on Thursdays and Saturdays for Science on the Bayshore at the Bayshore Center at Bivalve! During these workshops, we will be teaching bite-sized, hands-on, fun lessons about the Bayshore.
- Registration is easy! Just enter the names of each person in your group here!
- Free! There is no cost to you!
- All ages welcome, but lessons are best suited for ages 8+
- All materials will be disinfected before and after each lesson
- Workshops occur rain or shine and are outdoors, so please dress appropriately!
- Attend 6 or more workshops to earn your Junior Bayshore Biologist certificate!